Latest Edition is a Navigator North project building upon the success of previous professional development programmes and opportunities offered to visual artists.
Offered in partnership with Festival of Thrift, Navigator North are launching a bursary scheme, called Latest Edition – which will enable emerging artists to develop a sustainable creative career. Working alongside and learning from established artists, artists will create new work, develop their professional profile, learn how to market themselves and their work as well as sharing that work with a public audience. Latest Edition will work with 3 invited established artists and 3 selected emerging artists.
This is an opportunity for emerging artists to work with Navigator North, Festival of Thrift and established artists; Nick Kennedy, Theresa Easton and Alex Sickling – creating new work for Festival of Thrift 2017 and then toured to three regional exhibition venues in 2018 including Palace Arts in Redcar, The Witham in Barnard Castle and Hartlepool Art Gallery.
Emerging artists will work alongside more established and experienced artists and arts professionals during this project to support their professional development – building valuable experience, connections and genuine sector specific skills to enhance their career in the arts.
Three emerging artists will be selected from a regional call-out.
The bursary will offer the following to emerging artists –
- A bursary amount of £1000 per artist. (This is inclusive of any production costs for event/exhibition artwork and the limited edition as well as travel costs beyond that offered for visits as part of the bursary)
- Support and mentoring from established artists and arts professionals
- Technical support and equipment
- Raised profile through events/exhibitions, project film/photography and a dedicated website
- Opportunities to show new work to public audiences
- Potential sales of limited edition artworks (with income after any venue commission going to each artist)
- Networking opportunities with other artists, arts professionals, curators and exhibition venues
- Support from NN throughout the project
- Use of NN spaces if required for production of artworks
- Storage of artworks for the duration of the project
Call out event on Tuesday 4th July, 3.30pm – 5pm at Kirkleatham Hall
To enable artists to have an opportunity to visit the Festival of Thrift site at Kirkleatham to inform their application for the bursary there will be a call out event for potential applicants to find out more prior to making an application. Attendance at this event is not a requirement to submitting an application although it is recommend it to get a better insight to the project and the initial site.
If you would like to attend the call event at Kirkleatham please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
Further details and the application form can be downloaded directly from the Navigator North website here.
Deadline for applications is 9am Friday 7th July.